I think he is out.. What do you think? I really think he is out.

43 year old Tyron Hirantha Wijewardene used to be a left-had bat and left-arm medium fast bowler during his days as a first class cricketer. This post has nothing to do with his playing abilities. It is his umpiring skills that are worth talking about. Especially, the phase immediately following a vociferous appeal by the fielding side. He makes his decision, lets the players know about it and then makes sort of a furtive glance at the other umpire on the field, as if he needs an approval. More on the lines of -- "I think he is out. I really do.. What do you think? Please say 'yes'.. Please". OK, I might be pushing it a bit too far, but it really is very amusing to see him give his verdict (more amusing than Bucknor's slow death finger or Billy's crooked finger).

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment