A worrying doctor and a disgruntled heckler

Ganguly (and his elbow) is fit and ready to play for the East Zone in the Duleep Trophy match in Rajkot on Thursday. The Telegraph has an article about Saurav telling his doctor (Dr. Kalyan Mukherjee) in Kolkata - “Kalyan-da, tumi kichhu chinta koro na (Bengali for - dont you worry), I will come back into the team.”

I don't know, if I get injured and am trying to recuperate, I would like my doctor to tell me not to worry rather than me telling him the same.

The article goes on to quote Mr. Mukherjee saying, “After one and a half hours of intense practice, he did feel some pain in his elbow, but that was understandable since he was holding the bat and bowled after a long layoff. But he told me not to worry then, he told me not to worry now.”

So all those who have been worrying about Saurav and his elbow, please don't. Ganguly will be back soon.

According to a different article elsewhere (Mumbai Mirror) about Ganguly's Mumbai visit, an impish heckler (I wouldn't really want to classify him as a "fan') seems to have given Ganguly a hard time at the airport by mouthing, “Kyun bekar mein hum logon ka time kharab karta hai. Na run bana tha hain na kuch…(Hindi for - why do you unnecessarily waste our time? You dont score runs or anything for that matter)”

Poor Saurav, what can he do with immature blokes like those. He can't just shut them up by saying, "Tumi kichhu chinta koro na, I will come back into the team".

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment