600.. 500.. and 100

600..
"I had the hunger in me to make a comeback and now I'm probably at the best of my rhythm. So, I can definitely continue to play for a few more years. There have been instances of fast bowlers playing till their late thirties. There is no reason why I shouldn't be able to do so. And if I can, reaching 600 Test wickets is a realistic possibility."

Glenn McGrath is almost 36 and is still 71 wickets short of his milestone. He is in great form and fit enough to reach there sooner or later.

500..
"500 is a realistic target. I am looking forward to that feat and starting my season on a good note."

Anil Kumble hopes to be fit for the series against the Sri Lankans in Dec. He is 35 and he needs 35 wickets to reach 500. If he has his way with the pitches, he can reach there in 3 tests.

100..
"I have taken 14/15 wickets in the Duleep Trophy. I also scored a hundred. I am willing to play at any position. I am prerared to perform any role that the team wants me to."

Sourav Ganguly seems to be trying hard to make a case for himself as an all-rounder. He has not confessed his desire to reach there but he is just 7 wickets short of 100 ODI wickets. If he gets back into the ODI side, there is a pretty good chance of him reaching that milestone. After that he can get to tell all and sundry (and he loves doing that) that he has 100 ODI wickets to go with his 10k+ ODI runs.

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment