"I watched him like I observe a cricketer bat"

Jeff Crowe on his famous cousin.

Talking of Russell, here is some text that I put in as part of my marriage invitation (earlier this year)

I've always been a huge fan of Russell Crowe. I've tried to imitate him over the years and 've more often than not failed quite miserably doing that. Close friends would tell ya about the times when I used to address all and sundry with a very heavily accented "my..ht" ("mate", if that isn't obvious)..

Anyway, the point is that am gonna try do it one more time and have a cricket match a few days before my marriage, as part of the pre-marital festivities. If any of you guys are interested in playing and getting the groom out (you guys do remember how good an opener I was? I still am), send me an email..

Sadly, the match had to be abandoned due to unfair weather conditions.

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment