A degree in engineering and a PhD in legspin bowling

Rahul on Anil..
It was during the days when we both played Under-19 cricket. I was yet to gain a reputation and he, a few years older, already owned one. He was gathering wickets by the bucketful and was occasionally labelled 'the next Chandra', while I was the nervous wicketkeeper wondering how the hell I was going to keep to Anil on matting wickets.Fortunately, I was not totally embarrassed. Initial trepidation was also accompanied by bewilderment. With his thick glasses and grim demeanour, he appeared a fellow who might be more comfortable in the first row of a classroom rather than spinning a ball on a cricket field. Of course, Anil eventually proved himself in both areas: he has a degree in engineering and a PhD in legspin bowling.


Anil on himself..
I think at the end of the day, I have always looked at it in a very practical way. I have looked at my life in a very practical way and I deal with situations in a very practical manner. I’m not someone who worries too much about orthodoxy. At the end of the day, it’s the results what matter.

Right from the childhood, results have been ingrained in our brains. What was your rank in the class? How much did you score in Mathematics? How much did you get in history? It’s all about numbers. Nobody asks whether you know everything, or whether you know the theory of relativity. How many marks did you get by writing that answer is just what everybody asks. And that’s how I’ve looked at cricket, as long as the last column keeps adding, and if it’s consistent that’s what is important and what I’m worried about.

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Anonymous control valves 4:52 AM

Thanks for the information, I like your take on blogging.    



» Post a Comment