At 42, will he make a comeback?

According to this article in the Indian Express, Sehwag wants Manoj Prabhakar to stage a comeback and play for Delhi in the Ranji limited overs games this season.

Manoj Prabhakar's Quotes
‘‘Yes, Sehwag spoke to me and asked me if I could help the team. He said, ‘We would want you for the ODIs later’ but, most importantly, asked me to get ready for next season.’’

‘‘Fitness is not a problem. I am in good shape and can give support from experience and help the youngsters to groom.’’

‘‘I think I can contribute, otherwise, I wouldn’t have agreed. Obviously, I can’t be as quick as I used to be, but I can still bowl hard and bat well. If they want, I can report to nets and prove myself.’’

Given the way Delhi has been faring this season, they sure can use some experience. Even if the once-banned, once-a-politician 42 year old can not be an active member of the playing eleven, he sure can be a good assistant coach to Madan Lal.

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Arun Prabhakar 5:08 AM

As he already hav served a ban which was imposed on him.It will be a big mistake to keep such a great player like him away from cricket.we all know that there is a lot of politics involved in BCCI matters which is far for a comman Indian to understand.And i believe that inquiries can be easily influenced.

As he has a lot of experience and talent in him.It will be foolish if don't avail his service.we all know in his career he has single handedly made india won matches and we also know what he can do with ball and bat.Its his fighting spirit which still make former international players rank him above presently playing indian bowlers.We all know what a fighter he is.So , we should come forward and support him.    



» Post a Comment