Cricket over Squash

They call him Mr. Cricket. He calls himself Mr. Dull. But this 30 year old qualified science and maths secondary school teacher could so easily have become Mr. Squash. Hussey reveals why he chose cricket over squash.

Courtesy: Fox Sports
"I played at state junior level but I made a decision between cricket and squash when I was about 15 or 16 as to which one I wanted to follow."

"I loved both the sports, but it was the team element of cricket that appealed to me. The whole notion of winning together, losing together, celebrating together, commiserating together.

"On the squash court there is just you, and I battled with putting too much pressure on myself at times.

"With the team, if I don't perform, then there's 10 other blokes that can win a game for us."

It took him about 15 years after making that decision to play cricket at the top level. He probably might not have needed so many years to get to play at top-level squash. (He could have been retired by now). But it has been worth the wait. He is having a great first year at the international level.

Labels: ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Fedot Alberti 1:27 AM

eliteessaywriters.com/review/edubirdie-com proffers you a chance to engage a talented essay blogger around the most ideal problems.    



» Post a Comment