The Wall's parents

Rahul Dravid attributes his wall-like qualities to his upbringing.

The focus, tenacity and intelligence that personify his batting may be characteristics handed down from his mother Pushpa, who at the age of 55 did a doctorate PhD in art, The Sunday Telegraph wrote on Sunday.

She has now retired but taught architecture at Bangalore University for 30 years. "She's very determined woman so I guess that's something that rubbed off," he said.

"I get some of my temperament from my dad as well, who's a relaxed sort of person. He's retired now but he was a food scientist for a company that made jams and juice, that sort of stuff; he worked there for 30 years.

"I think the environment they helped create for me when I was a kid, encouraging me to play cricket and whatever I wanted to do, helped. I would not have been able to achieve any of this without the support of my parents, family or my wife."


His parents must be really proud of the way he has batted for India in recent years. But more importantly, they should be proud of the way he carries himself, on and off the field and the kind of role model he has become for the youth of the nation.

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Nagu 9:43 AM

yeah Rahul has come a long i remember watching is first match in challenger trophy in 96-97 i suppose at hyderabad he was not WALL at that time struggling to get runs .he was also in and out of ODI squad.later he worked really hard on this aspect of scoring fast.All the youngsters can take him as example.

Happy Holi.    



Blogger vishnupavan 12:02 PM

'appy Holi Nagu..    



» Post a Comment