Australia, New Zealand and England warm up
Australia vs Maharashtra XI - Notes
- Shane Watson opened the batting with Gilchrist and made 70 off 83 - Watson is definitely a better option than Katich up the order.
- Gilchrist, who missed the DLF Cup managed to make just 6 off 17 balls.
- Symonds was his usual self - scored 78 off 59 with 50 of those runs coming off just 9 scoring shots.
- Lee, McGrath, Bracken, Hogg and Symonds bowled economical spells while Watson and Johnson went for some runs.
- New Zealand rested Vettori, Oram and Bond for the game.
- Fleming, Vincent and Hamish Marshall made runs - all the NZ batsmen struggled against the Mumbai spinners.
- Nilesh Kulkarni and Aniket Redkar picked up 3 wickets for 63 runs in 20 overs between them.
- Rohit Sharma continues to impress - he made 61 off 69 balls and kept Mumbai in the hunt for a while.
- Jeetan Patel and Mark Gillespie picked up 3 wickets each.
- Bell, Flintoff, Yardy and Dalrymple made runs - Strauss, Pietersen and Collingwood missed out.
- Ed Joyce batted at No.9 - He is expected to carry drinks, towels and gloves for a major part of this tournament.
- Flintoff did not bowl and declared later that he wouldn't be bowling against India on sunday.
- The Rajasthan batsmen had no clue whatsoever against a strong English bowling attack (despite Freddie's absence) - Even the spinners picked up wickets (Dalrymple 2 and Yardy 1).