Today's Bizarre Events
OK. India lost to West Indies. Again. The way India has been playing this new season, that result doesn't really come as a big surprise. Here is a short list of bizarre events that occurred during the game.
- Three Indian batsmen (Irfan, Sachin and Bhajji) were out "bowled" - but none of those deliveries were actually directed at the stumps. They were all dragged onto the stumps from way outside off.
- Only 25 runs were scored between overs 31-40 in the Indian innings. The way they were batting, Lara wouldn't have cared if he had to use 40 overs of power-play.
- MS Dhoni needed 41 balls to score his first dozen runs - he usually needs just 2 scoring shots to reach that.
- Mr.Dew who was expected to trouble the spinners in gripping the ball during the second half decided not to trouble them so much - Bhajji and Veeru went for just 63 runs in 20 overs and picked up 2 wickets between them.
- West Indies required 12 runs of 15 balls with 7 wickets in hand - But then this West Indies that we are talking about - they lost 4 wickets in the next 10 deliveries and ended up requiring 5 off 4 balls (before Marlon pulled them out of jail).